The book fair in Kolkata is quite a rage, it just adds to our cultural and ethnic value. lakhs of students, men, women, intellectuals, laureates, authors and poets turn up to make the whole fair the seat of culture literature and promote reading as an habit, an inherent part of our culture. whats amazing is to have almost all publishing houses, bookstores, authors and poets under one roof, who are easily approachable. imagine painters bringing on their paintings on one ground not large scale thought, but small painters who make their livelihood by the selling of their miniature paintings.. well known singers on one podium with crowds gathering all around them.
Its a maha dating and getting hooked spot of the youth. you should just see the couples queuing
up there and those first glances and all. specially since Bengali's own valentines day aka Sarawati puja just went past, its hot property. many like me just go there to savour the ambience and for the sake of just going and its all in good fun. but with the heavy discounts buy books can never come at a better timings. though Book Fair at Maidan grounds are my all time favourites, but that was stopped due to environmental pollution, now Kolkata Book Fair finds new grounds everywhere but the charm is still there. this is the only such fair to be held on such a massive scale, the place to be if you are a book lover and specially if you are big on culture and tradition.
35 comments:
yippie first...!!!
i wish i was there in Kolkata....i am die hard fan of books.....!!!
missing the Kolkata Book Fair....this time i missed the Hyd book fair too...coz of my work..!!!
damn these works..they screw ppl around...!!!
have a great time at the fair dear......enjoy my part too..!!!
@yamz
u are always my first! :D
dont worry.. someday i hope we both can attend a book fair together.. it will be great fun bcz liek you i too love books :D
Hey wre's ur old blog??
ur blog's outfit looks cool :)
Im not a book-worm so I guess I'd just go there for the 'glances' ;-)
Keshi.
Oh yes! Kolkota book fair is very famous...I used to go there every year when my dad was working there...it was a long time back...
I had not even thought about it for a long time now...thanks for reminding me!
i m giving u my address..parcel send kar diyo..:D :D
..
mujko bhi jana hai :|
send some books to my place
hey the delhi book fair is good too...
Yeah! Delhi Book fair is a treat for us but damn work!! am not able to go there offlate.
Humaari Intellectual Raka sab achchi jagah pahuch jaati hain.
We have the book fair here too.
Quite a treat for intellectuals who're interested in reading :)
Old memories are fresh again.
Thanks for the post.
Nice nice. Kuch books mujhe bhi bhej do! :D
yeah have heard a lot abt it thou neva been to it...kolkatta'ites swear by it
1 : Its famous
2 : I'm not part of it(??!!... Nahiiiin)
3 : My friends go on a trip to Kolkata and tell me about the street food... I'm left craving!!
I've been there before a few times but, I was young and I was swimming (primarily). So a grown-ups trip is due to the city!!
The pots of sugarcane juice, the sweets, the chaat... ok, I'll go get something to eat!! :P
And you talk of the kind of people over there!! Now, who'd not want to be a part of it?? Sadly, for me, the wait's still on... :(
Anyways, you have fun...
See you when I see you... :)
@jeya
this is my old blog.. just the url has been changed.. you didnt say how you liked it??
@keshi
:D its a fun place to be otherwise too.. there is music and stuff.. :)
@meera
hey really?! thats nice... and you are most welcome
@amrita
sure thing..send me the list will aprcel it for sure..dont forget to send the cheque too
@chris
list please
@jinxed pixie
delhi has a book fair too? gosh i didnt know...
@harshi
kya karun harshi baby tum jo saath nahi ati..is liey akele hi chali ati hoon :D
@crystal
hey wow thats nice... :)
@hobo
really?
@tara
yeah sure anytime... :)
@mayz
yeah that is so true..why dont you just turn up and i give you my word that i will show you around??
@pk
ooo pk knows quite a lot..hey why dont you just turn up...like mayz then i can be your tour guide? it will be my pleasure you know.. i wont even complain... :D :P
1 of my frnds helped 2 load ultrarech n i'm able 2 see ur blog now.but my lappie isn't well yet.
umm..post was gr8.i wish i were der.
If there's MUSIC, I'll be there fo sho! ;-)
Keshi.
:)..i to wish i was there wanted to see the book fair from long :)..
urs..hemu..
yup it's held at pragati maidan annually....
tat's reely gr88 Its reely a nice experience...
well
I reely love ur template re
:)
its simply gr88 every tym I come here i find a new template
:)
buk fairs r my fav hangout places wid buks.i luv dem...n it was a nice read..
I love kolkata book fair.its my city afterall.
Haiku Poems
Post a Comment